Interior Gradient Estimates for Nonuniformly Parabolic Equations II
© Gary M. Lieberman 2007
Received: 31 May 2006
Accepted: 9 November 2006
Published: 4 January 2007
We prove interior gradient estimates for a large class of parabolic equations in divergence form. Using some simple ideas, we prove these estimates for several types of equations that are not amenable to previous methods. In particular, we have no restrictions on the maximum eigenvalue of the coefficient matrix and we obtain interior gradient estimates for so-called false mean curvature equation.
- Friedman A: Partial Differential Equations of Parabolic Type. Krieger, Malabar, Fla, USA; 1983.
- Krylov NV: Nonlinear Elliptic and Parabolic Equations of the Second Order, Mathematics and Its Applications. Volume 7. D. Reidel, Dordrecht, The Netherlands; 1987:xiv+462.View Article
- Ladyzhenskaya OA, Solonnikov VS, Ural'tseva NN: Linear and Quasilinear Differential Equations of Parabolic Type. American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA; 1968.
- Landis EM: Second Order Equations of Elliptic and Parabolic Type, Translations of Mathematical Monographs. Volume 171. American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI, USA; 1998:xii+203.
- Lieberman GM: Second Order Parabolic Differential Equations. World Scientific, River Edge, NJ, USA; 1996:xii+439.MATHView Article
- DiBenedetto E: Degenerate Parabolic Equations, Universitext. Springer, New York, NY, USA; 1993:xvi+387.View Article
- Lieberman GM: Maximum estimates for solutions of degenerate parabolic equations in divergence form. Journal of Differential Equations 1994,113(2):543–571. 10.1006/jdeq.1994.1136MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Ecker K: Estimates for evolutionary surfaces of prescribed mean curvature. Mathematische Zeitschrift 1982,180(2):179–192.MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Lieberman GM: A new regularity estimate for solutions of singular parabolic equations. Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems. Series A 2005,2005(supplement):605–610.MATHMathSciNet
- Moser J: A new proof of De Giorgi's theorem concerning the regularity problem for elliptic differential equations. Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics 1960, 13: 457–468. 10.1002/cpa.3160130308MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Simon L: Interior gradient bounds for non-uniformly elliptic equations. Indiana University Mathematics Journal 1976,25(9):821–855. 10.1512/iumj.1976.25.25066MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Fonseca I, Fusco N: Regularity results for anisotropic image segmentation models. Annali della Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa. Classe di Scienze. Serie IV 1997,24(3):463–499.MATHMathSciNet
- Lieberman GM: Gradient estimates for a new class of degenerate elliptic and parabolic equations. Annali della Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa. Classe di Scienze. Serie IV 1994,21(4):497–522.MATHMathSciNet
- Siepe F: On the Lipschitz regularity of minimizers of anisotropic functionals. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2001,263(1):69–94. 10.1006/jmaa.2000.7597MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Lieberman GM: Gradient estimates for anisotropic elliptic equations. Advances in Differential Equations 2005,10(7):767–812.MATHMathSciNet
- Lieberman GM: Interior gradient bounds for nonuniformly parabolic equations. Indiana University Mathematics Journal 1983,32(4):579–601. 10.1512/iumj.1983.32.32041MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Michael JH, Simon LM: Sobolev and mean-value inequalities on generalized submanifolds of . Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics 1973, 26: 361–379. 10.1002/cpa.3160260305MATHMathSciNetView Article
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.