A Note on the Relaxation-Time Limit of the Isothermal Euler Equations
© J. Xu and D. Fang 2007
Received: 3 July 2007
Accepted: 30 August 2007
Published: 22 October 2007
This work is concerned with the relaxation-time limit of the multidimensional isothermal Euler equations with relaxation. We show that Coulombel-Goudon's results (2007) can hold in the weaker and more general Sobolev space of fractional order. The method of proof used is the Littlewood-Paley decomposition.
- Coulombel J-F, Goudon T: The strong relaxation limit of the multidimensional isothermal Euler equations. Transactions of the American Mathematical Society 2007,359(2):637–648. 10.1090/S0002-9947-06-04028-1MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Junca S, Rascle M: Strong relaxation of the isothermal Euler system to the heat equation. Zeitschrift für Angewandte Mathematik und Physik 2002,53(2):239–264. 10.1007/s00033-002-8154-7MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Marcati P, Milani A: The one-dimensional Darcy's law as the limit of a compressible Euler flow. Journal of Differential Equations 1990,84(1):129–147. 10.1016/0022-0396(90)90130-HMATHMathSciNetView Article
- Hanouzet B, Natalini R: Global existence of smooth solutions for partially dissipative hyperbolic systems with a convex entropy. Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis 2003,169(2):89–117. 10.1007/s00205-003-0257-6MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Sideris TC, Thomases B, Wang D: Long time behavior of solutions to the 3D compressible Euler with damping. Communications in Partial Differential Equations 2003,28(3–4):795–816. 10.1081/PDE-120020497MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Yong W-A: Entropy and global existence for hyperbolic balance laws. Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis 2004,172(2):247–266. 10.1007/s00205-003-0304-3MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Fang DY, Xu J: Existence and asymptotic behavior ofsolutions to the multidimensional compressible Euler equations with damping. http://arxiv.org/abs/math.AP/0703621
- Simon J: Compact sets in the space. Annali di Matematica Pura ed Applicata 1987,146(1):65–96.MATHView Article
- Chemin J-Y: Perfect Incompressible Fluids, Oxford Lecture Series in Mathematics and Its Applications. Volume 14. The Clarendon Press, Oxford University Press, New York, NY, USA; 1998:x+187.
- Shizuta Y, Kawashima S: Systems of equations of hyperbolic-parabolic type with applications to the discrete Boltzmann equation. Hokkaido Mathematical Journal 1985,14(2):249–275.MATHMathSciNetView Article
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.