Existence of Positive Solutions for Fourth-Order Three-Point Boundary Value Problems
© Bai 2006
Received: 11 July 2007
Accepted: 7 November 2007
Published: 20 January 2008
We are concerned with the nonlinear fourth-order three-point boundary value problem , , , , . By using Krasnoselskii's fixed point theorem in a cone, we get some existence results of positive solutions.
- Agarwal RP: Focal Boundary Value problems for Differential and Difference Equations, Mathematics and Its Applications. Volume 436. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands; 1998:x+289.View Article
- Zill DG, Cullen MR: Differential Equations with Boundary-Value Problems. 5th edition. Brooks/Cole, Belmont, Calif, USA; 2001.
- Bai Z, Wang H: On positive solutions of some nonlinear fourth-order beam equations. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2002,270(2):357–368. 10.1016/S0022-247X(02)00071-9MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Graef JR, Yang B: On a nonlinear boundary value problem for fourth order equations. Applicable Analysis 1999,72(3–4):439–448.MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Hao Z, Liu L, Debnath L: A necessary and sufficient condition for the existence of positive solutions of fourth-order singular boundary value problems. Applied Mathematics Letters 2003,16(3):279–285. 10.1016/S0893-9659(03)80044-7MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Li F, Zhang Q, Liang Z: Existence and multiplicity of solutions of a kind of fourth-order boundary value problem. Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications 2005,62(5):803–816. 10.1016/j.na.2005.03.054MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Liu B: Positive solutions of fourth-order two point boundary value problems. Applied Mathematics and Computation 2004,148(2):407–420. 10.1016/S0096-3003(02)00857-3MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Yang D, Zhu H, Bai C: Positive solutions for semipositone fourth-order two-point boundary value problems. Electronic Journal of Differential Equations 2007, (16):1–8.
- Ma R: Positive solutions of fourth-order two-point boundary value problems. Annals of Differential Equations 1999,15(3):305–313.MATHMathSciNet
- Torres PJ: Existence of one-signed periodic solutions of some second-order differential equations via a Krasnosel'skii fixed point theorem. Journal of Differential Equations 2003,190(2):643–662. 10.1016/S0022-0396(02)00152-3MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Krasnosel'skii MA: Positive Solutions of Operator Equations. P. Noordhoff, Groningen, The Netherlands; 1964:381.
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.