On Comparison Principles for Parabolic Equations with Nonlocal Boundary Conditions
© Y.Wang and H. Zorgati. 2007
Received: 5 December 2006
Accepted: 3 May 2007
Published: 27 May 2007
A generalization of the comparison principle for a semilinear and a quasilinear parabolic equations with nonlocal boundary conditions including changing sign kernels is obtained. This generalization uses a positivity result obtained here for a parabolic problem with nonlocal boundary conditions.
- Yin H-M: On a class of parabolic equations with nonlocal boundary conditions. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2004,294(2):712-728. 10.1016/j.jmaa.2004.03.021MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Pao CV: Dynamics of reaction-diffusion equations with nonlocal boundary conditions. Quarterly of Applied Mathematics 1995,53(1):173-186.MATHMathSciNet
- Wang Y: Weak solutions for nonlocal boundary value problems with low regularity data. Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications 2007,67(1):103-125. 10.1016/j.na.2006.05.002MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Friedman A: Monotonic decay of solutions of parabolic equations with nonlocal boundary conditions. Quarterly of Applied Mathematics 1986,44(3):401-407.MATHMathSciNet
- Wang Y, Zhou C: Contraction operators and nonlocal problems. Communications in Applied Analysis 2001,5(1):31-37.MATHMathSciNet
- Yin YF: On nonlinear parabolic equations with nonlocal boundary condition. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 1994,185(1):161-174. 10.1006/jmaa.1994.1239MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Wang Y, Nai B: Existence of solutions to nonlocal boundary problems for parabolic equations. Chinese Annals of Mathematics. Series A 1999,20(3):323-332.MATHMathSciNet
- Wang Y: Solutions to nonlinear elliptic equations with a nonlocal boundary condition. Electronic Journal of Differential Equations 2002,2002(5):1-16.
- Wang R-N, Xiao T-J, Liang J: A comparison principle for nonlocal coupled systems of fully nonlinear parabolic equations. Applied Mathematics Letters 2006,19(11):1272-1277. 10.1016/j.aml.2006.01.012MATHMathSciNetView Article
- Carl S, Lakshmikantham V: Generalized quasilinearization method for reaction diffusion equations under nonlinear and nonlocal flux conditions. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 2002,271(1):182-205. 10.1016/S0022-247X(02)00114-2MATHMathSciNetView Article
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.