Boundary Value Problems welcomes submissions to an article collection titled 'Differential Equations with Nonlocal and Functional Terms'.
Differential equations with nonlocal and functional terms have become an active area of research; these terms may occur in the differential equation and/or in the initial or boundary conditions. Their study is driven not only by theoretical interest but also to the fact that these type of problems occur
naturally when modeling real-world applications.
This special issue will focus on all aspects of nonlocal and functional terms including discrete and continuous equations,
regular, singular and resonant problems and their applications.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
- Development of new theoretical tools that can be used to study problems with nonlocal and functional terms
- Existence, uniqueness and multiplicity results
- Qualitative properties of the solutions, for example, positivity, oscillation, symmetry, bifurcation, asymptotic behavior, regularity, and stability
- Approximation of the solutions
- Eigenvalue problems
- Applications to real-world phenomena
Before submitting your manuscript, please ensure you have carefully read the Instructions for Authors for Boundary Value Problems. The complete manuscript should be submitted through the Boundary Value Problems submission system. To ensure that you submit to the correct thematic series please select the appropriate section in the drop-down menu upon submission. In addition, indicate within your cover letter that you wish your manuscript to be considered as part of the thematic series on the 'Differential Equations with Nonlocal and Functional Terms'. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer review and accepted articles will be published within the journal as a collection.
Submissions to this article collection are entitled to a 25% discount on the article processing charges. To receive this discount, authors should mention the thematic series within the "waiver request" box on the 'Payment' screen during submission of their manuscript.
Deadline for submissions
30 June 2019
Lead Guest editor
Gennaro Infante, Università della Calabria, Italy
Alessandro Calamai, Università Politecnica delle Marche, Italy
José Ángel Cid, Universidade de Vigo, Spain
Feliz Manuel Minhós, Universidade de Évora, Portugal
Submissions will also benefit from the usual advantages of open access publication:
- Rapid publication: Online submission, electronic peer review and production make the process of publishing your article simple and efficient
- High visibility and international readership in your field: Open access publication ensures high visibility and maximum exposure for your work - anyone with online access can read your article
- No space constraints: Publishing online means unlimited space for figures, extensive data and video footage
- Authors retain copyright, licensing the article under a Creative Commons license: articles can be freely redistributed and reused as long as the article is correctly attributed
For editorial enquiries please contact email@example.com
Sign up for article alerts and news from this journal to keep updated on articles published in Boundary Value Problems - including articles published in this article collection!