On the Sets of Regularity of Solutions for a Class of Degenerate Nonlinear Elliptic Fourth-Order Equations with Data
© S. Bonafede and F. Nicolosi 2007
Received: 24 January 2007
Accepted: 29 January 2007
Published: 5 April 2007
We establish Hölder continuity of generalized solutions of the Dirichlet problem, associated to a degenerate nonlinear fourth-order equation in an open bounded set , with data, on the subsets of where the behavior of weights and of the data is regular enough.
- Kovalevsky A, Nicolosi F: Existence of solutions of some degenerate nonlinear elliptic fourth-order equations with-data. Applicable Analysis 2002,81(4):905–914. 10.1080/0003681021000004492MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Kovalevsky A, Nicolosi F: On the sets of boundedness of solutions for a class of degenerate nonlinear elliptic fourth-order equations with-data. Fundamentalnaya I Prikladnaya Matematika 2006,12(4):99–112.Google Scholar
- Kovalevsky A, Nicolosi F: Existence and regularity of solutions to a system of degenerate nonlinear fourth-order equations. Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications 2005,61(3):281–307. 10.1016/j.na.2004.07.044MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Skrypnik IV: Higher order quasilinear elliptic equations with continuous generalized solutions. Differential Equations 1978,14(6):786–795.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Bonafede S, D'Asero S: Hölder continuity of solutions for a class of nonlinear elliptic variational inequalities of high order. Nonlinear Analysis. Theory, Methods & Applications 2001,44(5):657–667. 10.1016/S0362-546X(99)00298-9MATHMathSciNetView ArticleGoogle Scholar
- Skrypnik IV, Nicolosi F: On the regularity of solutions of higher-order degenerate nonlinear elliptic equations. Dopovīdī Natsīonal'noï Akademīï Nauk Ukraïni 1997, (3):24–28.
- Kovalevsky A, Nicolosi F: On Hölder continuity of solutions of equations and variational inequalities with degenerate nonlinear elliptic high order operators. In Problemi Attuali dell'Analisi e della Fisica Matematica. Aracne Editrice, Rome, Italy; 2000:205–220.Google Scholar
- Guglielmino F, Nicolosi F: -solutions of boundary value problems for degenerate elliptic operators. Ricerche di Matematica 1987,36(supplement):59–72.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Guglielmino F, Nicolosi F: Existence theorems for boundary value problems associated with quasilinear elliptic equations. Ricerche di Matematica 1988,37(1):157–176.MATHMathSciNetGoogle Scholar
- Lions J-L: Quelques Méthodes de Résolution des Problèmes aux Limites non Linéaires. Dunod, Paris, France; 1969:xx+554.MATHGoogle Scholar
- Skrypnik IV: Nonlinear Elliptic Equations of Higher Order. Naukova Dumka, Kiev, Ukraine; 1973.Google Scholar
- Ladyzhenskaya OA, Ural'tseva NN: Linear and Quasilinear Elliptic Equations. Academic Press, New York, NY, USA; 1968:xviii+495.MATHGoogle Scholar
This article is published under license to BioMed Central Ltd. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.